The BBM Rangatahi Maia program is a collaboration with Waipareira Trust, BBM Motivation and Grace Foundation. It helps build life skills and resilience in Māori youth.
The 6-week program is run in West Auckland with Rangatahi aged 18 to 24 years. The aim of this program is to improve their overall wellbeing and to prepare them for work or education.
The course takes a holistic approach and includes physical activity and nutrition elements as well as work readiness skills.
These include learning about employment and education options, CV writing, searching for employment and cultural and community service activities.
Articles and Links
• Te Whānau O Waipareira Trust - Social media recruit video
• Brown Buttabean motivating youth with Rangatahi Māia course www.teaomaori.news
• Kapa Haka Teachers Paddy and Pake instil pride in our youth video
• Boss and his dream/goals for his family video
• Tryden short video testimony after graduation video
• Sucess story of Leicharne